iPhones stand at the pinnacle of technology and innovation in the mobile phone market. Apple company spends millions of dollars to maintain their brand familiarity among users.
However, with the latest update of their iOS 11 software, things do not look good for their customer support team.
After updating an iPhone to the latest version of iOS, people have reported many glitches and bugs. These errors have stopped phones at crucial moments, causing a loss for users.
The iOS amounts to 19.23% of the mobile operating system, worldwide. It is huge market share which faces problems due to bugs in iOS update.
For those users facing a problem, the following is a list of new ios update problems and their fixes:
1. Unresponsive screen:
The screens of iPhone become unresponsive once the update has been successfully done. It is a nightmare for a phone user. The reason for this issue is unknown and it affects the old iPhones heavily.
The fix: Experts suggest the following:
– Try to restart or forced restart your iPhone.
– Clean the surface of your phone’s screen. Many times small dust particles may create this problem.
– Remove the screen protector. The screen protector may be a barrier between your fingers and the screen.
2. Fast battery drainage:
Old iPhone users have noted that the update made their phone to lose charge faster. This problem has led many users’ phones to die out at most needful situations.
The fix: As a battery gets older, it becomes hard for it to keep up with updates. The solution for this can be given as following.
– Don’t upgrade your phone to latest version of iOS if you know these are the possible outcomes. Wait until a proper fix is found.
– You can also switch those apps running in background and eating up battery.
3. Phone slowing down:
This problem is probably the most controversial of all. Users experience slowing down of apps and performance as latest iOS versions roll out.
Apple has admitted that it has done it to increase battery performance. But the truth remains, your older phones are slower.
The fix: There is no solid fix for this issue. You can always upgrade to the latest version of iPhone. But that is not a viable case with most users. For damage control apples offers battery replacement at discounted rates for iPhone 6/6S and later phones.
4. iMessages app not responding:
iMessage is an app extremely used by iPhone owners. Users experienced massive inconvenience with this error.
The common problem faced by users was the notifications disappearing from locked screen and notification bar within 10 seconds.
The Fix: There was no solid fix for this error too. However, users have tied the following:
– Delete the chat thread and sign out of your Apple account. After this, again sing in and test the iMessages app.
– If you notice the error is occurring for a specific contact only, delete the contact and re-enter it.
Ultimately, if your iPhones don’t perform up to the mark, you only have one option to visit the nearest Apple store.